activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Broker issue regarding queue
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:03:45 GMT
On 3/14/07, garima015 <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a set up of two brokers in network through the URL
> failover:(tcp://host1:61616,tcp://host2:61616)?randomize=false

Store & forward networks are setup by connecting two brokers together.
The failover: URI is for the client to fail over to multiple brokers
(which is a different thing entirely)

> When i am shutting down the first broker my producers and consumer classes
> are getting connected to second broker.But only the temporary queues are
> retained . My permanent queues are not getting transfered to second broker.
> I am craeting queues using this code
> Destination requestQueue = session.createQueue(requestQueueName);
> and
> replyQueue = session.createTemporaryQueue();
> Any one can please tell me if i am missing and doing something worng.

Networks do store and forward - here's how you set them up...

If you want high availability (so messages that were on the primary
broker are replicated to the secondary broker) then you want to
configure Master/Slave instead...

View raw message