activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ with Sybase for persistence
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:36:42 GMT
On 3/13/07, Christopher.Mathrusse@sybase.com
<Christopher.Mathrusse@sybase.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a working example of using ActiveMQ with Sybase ASE as the
> persistence store?

The activemq.xml includes examples of configuring with various JDBC
drivers; it should be a matter of just tweaking those...

> The online docs make mention that Sybase is supported but
> ASE does not support SELECT FOR UPDATE and I was wondering how to configure
> ActiveMQ so it will work.

I've recently patched the 4.2 trunk to work better with TransactSQL
databases (SQLServer / Sybase) to use the 'select * from with XLOCK"
syntax instead...

you could try using the 4.2-SNAPSHOT distro and seeing if that works for you.

(As a workaround you can add the useDatabaseLock="false" attribute to
the XML element for the database configuration).
--

James
-------