activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Spam: 5.0] Embedding ActiveMQ in Sun App Server 9
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:24:18 GMT
On 3/9/07, AsaUK <asa.denton@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
>  I am working along with Nic on this one. I have uploaded the rar file fine
> with the only parameter set being BrokerXmlConfig as
> "broker:(tcp://localhost:61616)" I can then connect to the appserver jms
> from an outside client using 4.0.x (can't use 4.1 as the rar does not have
> openwire v2 in it and I haven't got the xml working to set it in there).

You could use the 4.1 version of the RAR?

> I did try using BrokerXmlConfig as "xbean:asa.xml", but I got this:
> Failed to start resource adapter : Failed to startup an embedded broker:
> xbean:asa.xml, due to: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.connectors.ActiveInboundResourceAdapter.<init>(ActiveInboundResourceAdapter.java:134)
> at
> com.sun.enterprise.connectors.ActiveRAFactory.createActiveResourceAdapter(ActiveRAFactory.java:89)

Could you include the entire stack trace please? I'm guessing it
couldn't find asa.xml on the classpath but I can't be sure...

> It would be good to get that working as it gives more customisation
>
> What we really want is one exterior client (which I have now working above)
> and one internal mdb. Ideally I would do all that inside the appserver
> rather than connection to the socket. I have tried setting up connection
> pools, admin objects and connection resources and pointing them at the
> activemq stuff and then using resource injection. This doesn't seem to work.
> I am not even sure that I am heading in the right direction. Can you
> describe how I should be connecting the mdb to the external client?

Am a bit confused by the last paragraph. An MDB connects to a message
broker; which you say you had working fine for an external client; so
it should be working for the MDBs as well right?

--

James
-------