activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using activemq as a jabber server
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 09:11:55 GMT
On 3/8/07, Abdullah Jibaly <amjibaly@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having trouble setting up ActiveMQ as a Jabber server. I tried to
> follow the directions on the xmpp page but there are lots of holes in
> it. For example, how do I configure the username/password, where do i
> set those up? Has anyone been able to follow that assuming no other
> knowledge of ActiveMQ? BTW, I followed the article on Infoq regarding
> activemessaging so I was able to get messages getting sent just fine,
> but had no luck with xmpp. Also, I had to build activemq from source
> using maven because the latest 4.1 binaries do not include the xmpp
> transport.
>
> So in summary:
>
> How do i setup jabber users so they can connect?

Note that the XMPP support is not really meant as a fully fledged
Jabber server supporting all of the various Jabber features - its more
a way to be able to use your Jabber client to talk to ActiveMQ as a
kinda management/operational tool

The out of the box default has no security enabled, so you don't need
to worry about configuring anything if you just want to get things
going - just enable the xmpp transport connector in activemq.xml.

If you want to enable some kinda security mechanism, see...
http://activemq.apache.org/security.html
--

James
-------