activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: after some time running, Stomp client stops receiving new messages
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:44:45 GMT
On 3/8/07, xavi <> wrote:
> Hello,
> we are using telnet to subscribe through Stomp to a topic on a server
> running ActiveMQ 4.1.0 (with Java 1.6, on Debian). Messages are received
> normally through telnet at the beginning, but after some time (15 or 20
> minutes) we stop receiving messages, even although the connection is still
> on (that's what netstat shows at least).
> Why could this be happening?

Are there still messages on the queue available and there isn't
another consumer hogging them?

What acknowledgement mode are you using? It could be to do with prefetch buffers

BTW I'd recommend trying a recent 4.1-SNAPSHOT build if you are using
Stomp (we're gonna release 4.1.1 real soon now) as there's been a
number of Stomp related issues fixed recently

(use the ones near the bottom of the page that are more recent)

View raw message