activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: after some time running, Stomp client stops receiving new messages
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 12:44:45 GMT
On 3/8/07, xavi <xavi.caballe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we are using telnet to subscribe through Stomp to a topic on a server
> running ActiveMQ 4.1.0 (with Java 1.6, on Debian). Messages are received
> normally through telnet at the beginning, but after some time (15 or 20
> minutes) we stop receiving messages, even although the connection is still
> on (that's what netstat shows at least).
>
> Why could this be happening?

Are there still messages on the queue available and there isn't
another consumer hogging them?
http://activemq.apache.org/i-do-not-receive-messages-in-my-second-consumer.html

What acknowledgement mode are you using? It could be to do with prefetch buffers
http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html

BTW I'd recommend trying a recent 4.1-SNAPSHOT build if you are using
Stomp (we're gonna release 4.1.1 real soon now) as there's been a
number of Stomp related issues fixed recently
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1-SNAPSHOT/

(use the ones near the bottom of the page that are more recent)

--

James
-------