activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to build ActiveMQ 4.1.1 or 4.2 from source
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:52:13 GMT
On 3/8/07, bjornwang <bjorn.wang@creuna.no> wrote:

> I'm puzzled as to how I can build a particular branch (trunk?) of ActiveMQ.
>
> I need a build that includes these 4 corrections, as they're grinding our
> production environment to a halt:
>
> - Connection leak in the PooledConnectionFactory
> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1178</li>
>
> - Broker Connection Shutdown is prone to lockup/deadlock
> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1179</li>
>
> - JMX Exception: "Destination already created" when recovering gigantic
> queues from database
> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-878
>
> I tried the different snapshots I can find, but none seem to contain these
> particular fixes, so I guess I have to build from source myself.

All of the above fixes are in both the 4.1-SNAPSHOT and 4.2-SNAPSHOT builds...

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1-SNAPSHOT/
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.2-SNAPSHOT/

Be sure to use the most recent one (e.g. from the bottom of those pages).

> How do I go about downloading the particular branch I need to build a
> version containing these fixes?

http://activemq.apache.org/source.html

That page includes links on how to build it

> Second question:
> When is the release of 4.1.1 expected? Our customer prefers being on a
> stable version, so having an estimated date would be good.

It should be out within 1-2 weeks I suspect
--

James
-------