activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: spring package problem
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:25:03 GMT
On 3/8/07, Javier Leyba <xleyba@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/7/07, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The Spring jars are not mandatory, you can use ActiveMQ just fine
> > without it. Currently main use of Spring is along with xbean to deal
> > with the XML configuration. If you prefer you could just use Java code
> > to initialise your broker...
> > http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-embed-a-broker-inside-a-connection.html
> >

> Hi
>
> After some problems I decided to erase Spring from my service and
> configure ActiveMQ in my java code but I found that docs show the
> obvious and help nothing with the rest.
>
> In my xml I have:
>
> ----------------
> <broker xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0"
> brokerName="MASTERUBUNTU" persistent="true" useJmx="true">
>
>         <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX -->
>         <managementContext>
>            <managementContext connectorPort="2011"
> jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
>         </managementContext>
>

>     <persistenceAdapter>
>           <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="activemq-data"/>
>     </persistenceAdapter>
>
>     <transportConnectors>
>        <transportConnector  uri="tcp://172.31.112.9:62002" />
>     </transportConnectors>
>
>     <networkConnectors>
>         <networkConnector
> uri="static://(tcp://172.31.112.9:62003,tcp://172.31.27.1:62012,tcp://172.30.27.1:62014)"
> failover="true" dynamicOnly="true" />
>     </networkConnectors>
>
>   </broker>
> ---------------
>
> Then I did a properties file as follows:
>
> ---------------
> brokerName=MASTERUBUNTU
> transportConnector=tcp://172.31.112.9:62002
> networkConnector=static://(tcp://172.31.112.9:62003,tcp://172.31.27.1:62012,tcp://172.30.27.1:62014)

BTW it would be pretty useful to have a pure properties files based
way to configure the broker! Fancy starting it off and we can improve
it?

> that I load when my service init and try to configure my broker as follows:
>

> service = new BrokerService();
>                 service.setBrokerName(masterBrokerProps.
>                                 getProperty("brokerName"));
>                 service.setPersistent(true);
>                 service.addConnector(masterBrokerProps.
>                                 getProperty("transportConnector"));
>
> Now, first problem:
>
>                 service.addNetworkConnector(masterBrokerProps.
>                                 getProperty("networkConnector"));
>
> Is this ok or should I define many adds for each network connection ?

One add for each <networkConnector> element (or URI). Ditto for each
transport connector.But in your XML you only have one of each

> How could I define failover and dynamicOnly ?

The same as in XML, just pass the entire URI into the
add*Connector(String) method.

> Next problem, I want to define the persistence adapter:
>
> After reading docs I know that can make it with something like this
>
>                 PersistenceAdapter pa = new JournalPersistenceAdapter();
>                 service.setPersistenceAdapter(pa);

Why not just reuse the defaults?

> Also, how should I set my xml management context settings ?

Again the defaults are fine - only configure stuff if you really need
to change something.

> I guess there are few explanations in docs for the quantity of
> settings needed in a real broker definition.

Javadoc is your friend (though we could use some help filling out some
more detail in them :)
http://activemq.apache.org/maven/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/broker/BrokerService.html

--

James