activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Spam: 5.0] How to maximize MDB throughput with ActiveMQ and JBoss?
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 07:00:51 GMT
On 3/6/07, kchamber <kchamber@cisco.com> wrote:

> Thanks for suggestion.  Although the prefetch did not do anything
> (noticeable) in my case.  I did discover that for EJB3.0 -- which is what I
> am doing, that there is a setting in the ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml which in
> combination of some maxSessions, I was able to get some more MDBs being
> allocated to the pool.  Search for PoolClass in the aop xml file.
>
> Wish there was some documentation that clearly defined the relationship of
> all of these maxXXXX settings to get maximum throughput.

Here you go...
http://activemq.apache.org/activation-spec-properties.html

So basically set maxSessions high; also the bigger
maxMessagesPerSessions the better, though be aware that a high value
of maxMessagesPerSessions (which acts like prefetch) will mean if you
don't have maxMessagesPerSessions * maxSessions available you might
starve some sessions.

--

James
-------