activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stomp: how to reply to a client?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 17:18:03 GMT
On 3/7/07, Thomas Gagné <tgagne@wideopenwest.com> wrote:
> I'm probably confused...
>
> I have a client program that connects fine, and sends a message to
> /queue/echo that I'd like to echo back to it.  In this case it send
> "Hello, world."
>
> I have a program that subscribes to /queue/echo and waits for frames to
> arrive.  When one arrives I want it to echo the frame's body back to the
> client that sent it.  It receives a MESSAGE with the body "Hello,
> world." but I'm unsure how to reply back to the client.
>
> If 100 clients are all sending messages to /queue/echo, how are programs
> supposed to respond back to the client that sent the message?

So generally this involves replying to the 'reply-to' destination
which is described here...

http://stomp.codehaus.org/Stomp+JMS

when sending a message to a queue, if you want a reply, set the
reply-to header to point to the queue you will use to process replies.

The one thing thats missing right now is an easy Stomp way to create
temporary queues (in JMS-speak) for transient reply-to queues that
last the duration of your client. For now just use a queue per client.

--

James
-------