activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Spam: 5.0] Please help: Performance issue with persistence
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:16:23 GMT
On 3/5/07, naga007 <NSogal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, that Dramatically improved the througput, but i have one question,
> if the client is not waiting for an ACK when sending persistent messages,
> then don't we think we are at a risk of loosing messages?

Async send avoids blocking until each message is written to the
broker's disk before sending the next message.

So yes, you'll be notified asynchronously, rather than synchronously,
of errors writing the message to disk. But since you are not using
transactions or message acknowledgements, you could receive, but not
process responses anyway.

--

James
-------