activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remove all messages from a queue
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 16:22:40 GMT
On 3/2/07, Kelly Campbell <kelly.a.campbell@gmail.com> wrote:
> One problem with Rob's method of initialization is you have to
> re-initialize the broker for each unit test which I'd rather not do
> for performance reasons.
>
> The problem with the recommended approach James mentioned in the docs
> (turning persistence off), is what about when you specifically want to
> test the persistence functionality and how your application uses it?

The only difference enabling/disabling persistence makes is if you
reboot the broker during the test, so it shouldn't make much of a
difference when testing your application code.  i.e. the purpose of
the test is to test your application code - and during the test the
broker is not going to be rebooted.

--

James
-------