activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: [Spam: 5.0] Two brokers when embedding in Jboss
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 04:28:13 GMT
On 3/14/07, Jan Arend Jansen <nonose@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> James,
>
> Sugestion 1 did the trick. I changed the ra.xml from vm://localhost to
> tcp://localhost:61616 and now I just have the embedded broker.

great!

> I failed to test your second suggestion with the vm://nameOfYourBroker. Does
> this mean the broker-config.xml needs a transportConnector configured like
> so?
>
> <transportConnector uri="vm://embedded" discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>

nope.  It means that if you gave your broker a name on the <broker>
element, the vm://brokerName needs to match.

> I am wondering what the side-effects of the first action are. Does this mean
> that I loose the efficiency of the vm transport, because the tcp network
> roundtrip is introduced?

Yes a little bit of overhead is introduced but since it's a local tcp
connection it should still be very quick.  But the vm:// connection
can only work if your client is in the same classloader tree as the
ActiveMQ broker.  Perhaps the problem was that they were in different
classloaders.