activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistent delivery mode and durable subscriptions
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 05:13:40 GMT
Hi Suchitha,

  yes - for durable subscribers, persistent messages are always
placed in the message store of the broker.
There are a few different implementations we use for message storage,
but generally there is a background thread that tries and removes
messages that have expired - though this will be done in a more
consistent way for the next ActiveMQ release -http://
issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-1112

cheers,

Rob Davies
http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/