activemq-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Help ! - Broker Hanging up
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:44:03 GMT
On 3/6/07 7:28 PM, "rabidgremlin" <rabidgremlin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would there be a separate buffer per connection ?
>
> Otherwise a broken listener would still cause all the others to block...
>
> Also with the current release would a slow listener cause all the other
> listeners to slow down because it is not clearing messages from the buffer
> fast enough ?

FWIW, this is a JMS flow control issue rather than ActiveMQ specific.  I
have the identical issues with SonicMQ, for example.  They have the same
"strategy" that Hiram describes below.

--
Daryl
http://itsallsemantics.com

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns, will not be discouraged."
    -- Colonel Henry Knox, 1776