activemq-users mailing list archives

From NJ No1 <>
Subject Re: [Spam: 5.0] ActiveMQ Applet
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 22:53:05 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:
> Which browser did you use? Were there any javascript errors?
My HTML looks like:

        <title>Message Listening</title>

        <script type="text/javascript" src="/amq/amq.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript">amq.uri='/amq';</script>
            <script type="text/javascript">
                                var myHandler = {
                                        rcvMessage: function(message) {
                                                msg =
                                                msg.innerHTML = 'received: '
+ message.textContent;
                                                display =
document.body.insertBefore(msg, display);

Using firefox I do not get any Javascript error messages but it works
intermittently. However, using IE when I load the page nothing happens. But
when i send a message to the topic and the Javascript is about to read it, i
get a pop-up saying "[object-error]"???

James.Strachan wrote:
> Here you go
> This page lists the jars you'll need
> --

Thanks for the links, but I have a basic idea of how to write an applet, I
just don't know how to print the messages from a topic to the applet. Any