activemq-users mailing list archives

From cmcnally <>
Subject Messages out of order on redelivery using ActiveMQInputStream
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 21:40:06 GMT

I'm sending  large files (50-100 MB) using ActiveMQInputStreams.  Everything
works fine as long as there are no redelivered messages.  When there are,
the redelivered messages are in reverse order...

# brokers: 1
destination: topic (w/ a durable subscriber)
version: ActiveMQ-4.1.0

So I start receiving the file, then kill the receiving client (ctrl+c)
before the entire file is received.  Then restart the receiving client.  The
first 100 or so messages I receive at this point are marked as redelivered
and are in reverse order.    Any ideas?

message order on receiving client side
1,2,3,4,5.... 200, 201 (ctrl+c)
(restart client)
301, 300, 299, 298 .... 202 (these are marked redelivered) - note the
reverse order...
302, 303, 304... 1000 (the rest is fine)