activemq-users mailing list archives

From AsaUK <asa.den...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Spam: 5.0] Embedding ActiveMQ in Sun App Server 9
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 18:38:17 GMT

I am using activemq-rar-4.1-SNAPSHOT.rar Maybe that is not recent enough.
Still I am not too worried about that one as I can easily upgrade at a later
date or just build the source.

I think you are right with the null pointer, not a top error though. I will
try and get that working.

The external clients work by connecting to tcp://localhost:61616 and calling
session.createQueue("FOO.BAR"); That works fine. I am just not sure how to
get a class implementing MessageListener to point at that too.

Basic mdb:
@MessageDriven(mappedName = "jms/clientQueue", activationConfig =
            {
        @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "acknowledgeMode",
propertyValue = "Auto-acknowledge"),
        @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType",
propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue")
    })
public class AutoGenMsgConsumer implements MessageListener
{
    Logger log = Logger.getLogger( "AutoGenMsgConsumer" );

    /** Creates a new instance of AutoGenMsgConsumer */
    public AutoGenMsgConsumer()
    {
    }

    public void onMessage(Message message)
    {
        log.info( "Msg received by AutoGenMsgConsumer" );
    }

}

The question is how do I tell it to listen to FOO.BAR? I know the answer
will be really obvious once I know it I just can't figure it out! Do I need
to create the whole resource thing, if so what should they be called? Do
they need any special properties? Or is there some other cunning method I am
missing?

Thanks