activemq-users mailing list archives

From AsaUK <>
Subject Re: [Spam: 5.0] Embedding ActiveMQ in Sun App Server 9
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 15:57:41 GMT

Hi James,

 I am working along with Nic on this one. I have uploaded the rar file fine
with the only parameter set being BrokerXmlConfig as
"broker:(tcp://localhost:61616)" I can then connect to the appserver jms
from an outside client using 4.0.x (can't use 4.1 as the rar does not have
openwire v2 in it and I haven't got the xml working to set it in there).

I did try using BrokerXmlConfig as "xbean:asa.xml", but I got this:
Failed to start resource adapter : Failed to startup an embedded broker:
xbean:asa.xml, due to: java.lang.NullPointerException
It would be good to get that working as it gives more customisation

What we really want is one exterior client (which I have now working above)
and one internal mdb. Ideally I would do all that inside the appserver
rather than connection to the socket. I have tried setting up connection
pools, admin objects and connection resources and pointing them at the
activemq stuff and then using resource injection. This doesn't seem to work.
I am not even sure that I am heading in the right direction. Can you
describe how I should be connecting the mdb to the external client?

Thanks very much,