activemq-users mailing list archives

From kukusz <>
Subject NullPointerException when Getting TopicConnectionFactory from JNDI
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 20:02:00 GMT

I've looked almost everywhere for the solution to this particular problem and
have had no luck, perhaps someone has seen this.

I have integrated ActiveMQ with JBoss and it works great when JNDI grabs the
Topic and TopicConnectionFactory from jboss.  The test code looks like:

System.out.println((Topic) context.lookup("jms/topic"));

Both of those lines of code give me something in the log when running code
deployed in a WAR in JBoss.  However, a standalone app return a null
connection factory.  Furthermore, additional logging using
context.listBindings shows the connection factory listed with the correct
class type.

Here is the connection factory as defined in the datasource:

I essentially followed this
jboss integration  documentation with some minor modifications, such as
setting &lt;use-java-context&gt;false&lt;/use-java-context&gt;.  I also
tried changing "vm://" to "tcp://" in case that would help.  Any ideas would
be greatly appreciated.