activemq-users mailing list archives

From drvillo <f.viv...@gmail.com>
Subject DedicatedTaskRunner question
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 16:30:11 GMT

Hi all

I haven't well understood what would be the benefit of using
the option -Dorg.apache.activemq.UseDedicatedTaskRunner=true
Reading the code i see the comment (TaskRunnerFactory):

        // If your OS/JVM combination has a good thread model, you may want
to avoid
        // using a thread pool to run tasks and use a DedicatedTaskRunner
instead.

Ok, If I use a pool there's the risk that tasks have to wait for a thread to
be available,
but isn't it generally safer (no thread leaking can occur)?

Thanks for clarifying
Francesco