activemq-users mailing list archives

From thiamteck <>
Subject Getting duplicate message from JMS Topic after subscriber restart
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 14:44:27 GMT

this question is initiaally posted at

Hi, I am developing a program that subscribe to a JMS Topic. The JMS
provider i use is Apache ActiveMQ 4.1.

The subscription to the Topic  is durable subscription and the publisher  of
the message publish message as persistent message.

The problem I facing now is that for each time I restart my subscriber (by
Ctrl-C on the program console) program, I will get 2 copy of same message
after restart.

If I restart the subscriber program another time, I will get 3 copy of same
message each time the publisher publish a message into the Topic.

If I restart the JMS Server (Apache ActiveMQ 4.1) and the subscriber
program, then it will work well again which for getting 1 copy for each

Wish experts here can give me some guide on what going on and how to solve
this. Thanks in advance. :D