activemq-users mailing list archives

From jkurtz <jkurtz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Spam: 5.0] Pausing Transmission
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 14:33:37 GMT

James

Again, thanks for taking the time to help. We got some feedback from the
customer, they want to be able to do the Quality of Service measurements and
control from outside of Active MQ. We still want to control the transport,
turning it on and off, but we want to empower the Broker object to do this.
However, if you can think of a better way to control transmission
externally, please let me know.

We would like to add the methods "stopTransport" and "startTransport" to the
broker object, then modify the TcpTransportServer or other class to
implement this. We would this to work across all connections. The QoS engine
would then utilize an Embedded Broker application to control the message
flow. Placing control outside of ActiveMQ allows for the measurement and Qos
algoritms to be changed without having to modify the Active MQ source code.

Any changes we make and the documentation will be released for evaluation
and hopefully integration back into the main Active MQ branch. Adding the
QoS capability increases the usefulness of this, as Active MQ can be used as
a  means of controlling network traffic.

thanks much

John