activemq-users mailing list archives

From rabidgremlin <>
Subject Re: Help ! - Broker Hanging up
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 01:15:33 GMT
After digging around I found this link:

Since I don't mind if I lose messages (they have a 30 sec lifespan anyway)
it looks like I could set up a ConstantPendingMessageLimitStrategy to throw
away messagse so I don't block.

Should this work ?

I tried the following bit of code but it did not seem to make any difference
(I suspect it is not correct):

  broker = new BrokerService();

  // no JMX or persistence needed

  ConstantPendingMessageLimitStrategy strat = new

  PolicyEntry polEntry = new PolicyEntry();

  PolicyMap policyMap = new PolicyMap();