activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: JMX Remote Access - Necessary ports
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 22:58:03 GMT
RMI blows because of it's random port thing.  I'd advise installing
JManage and configure it to connect to your services, then you can
use a simple HTML interface to it, and/or use remote shell type
commands to communicate via jmx via jmanage as a sort of 'proxy'.

cheers,

Paul Smith
On 08/03/2007, at 8:52 AM, Christopher G. Stach II wrote:

> Juergen Mayrbaeurl wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> We're running ActiveMQ Version 4.1.0 on AIX with JRE 1.4.x and
>> trying to
>> access it over JMX from a remote machine. The connector port of the
>> ManagementContext is set to 61099. Unfortunately we can't connect
>> to the
>> MBeanServer and get java.rmi.ConnectException : Connection refused
>> to host
>> ... But this doesn't happen when trying to create a TCP connection
>> on port
>> 61099. It happens with port 62104.
>>
>> Does anyone know which component uses this port?
>> Currently our internal firewall only allows access to port 61099.
>> Do we have
>> to add 62104?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Juergen
>
> Multiple ports are involved.  Maybe google "java rmi registry tcp
> ports"?
>
> --
> Christopher G. Stach II

Paul Smith
Engineering Manager

Aconex
The easy way to save time and money on your project

696 Bourke Street, Melbourne,
VIC 3000, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9240 0200  Fax: +61 3 9240 0299
Email: psmith@aconex.com  www.aconex.com

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee.
The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to
copyright or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is
lost by an erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy
this mail and all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in
reliance on it. The sender takes no responsibility for the effect of
this message upon the recipient's computer system.