activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gaurav Hariani <gau...@blackspark.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ client on Blackberry/JME/J2ME
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 14:07:39 GMT
It should be possible to write a simple STOMP client for the blackberry
... as they support sockets.
(This feature may be restricted to Blackberry devices connected to a
corporate network using the MDS)

Another alternative which is probably slower but easier to write is a
JMS client running on your network and listening for messages sent by
the blackberry device using http
and pushing messages to the device using MDS functionality -- IIRC you
can push data to a channel and have multiple devices listening to it.
Your application running on the device can listen for pushed messages.
This approach avoids having to deal with disconnects etc. and is
probably best for battery life as well.