activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher G. Stach II" <...@ldsys.net>
Subject Re: [Spam: 5.0] JMX Remote Access - Necessary ports
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:30:03 GMT
Juergen Mayrbaeurl wrote:
> Can you tell me something about the mentioned ways to get it worked? How does
> this work with RMI based EJB access? We don't have this problems with our
> JBoss servers.
>
> Kind regards
> Juergen

So, if you configure <amq:managementContext rmiServerPort="9999">, you
end up with ports 1099 and 9999 that you would need to allow through the
firewall.  This is a bad idea.  To fix this, don't open any ports on the
firewall, tunnel ports 1099 and 9999 over SSH (1099:localhost:1099,
9999:localhost:9999), start AMQ with
-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=localhost, and connect with jconsole or
whatever to localhost:1099.

--
Christopher G. Stach II