activemq-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Gagné <tga...@wideopenwest.com>
Subject Re: Stomp: how to reply to a client?
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 19:11:40 GMT
James Strachan wrote:
> BTW one idea I had for making this kinda stuff easy to use on stomp
> was to add a CONNECT header something like
>
> CONNECT
> auto-reply-to: true
>
> And that would under the covers, create a temporary destination for
> the client, subscribe to it, then append the reply-to header to each
> SEND so that services can easily reply to them. It then saves the
> stomp client with having to deal with the detail
As long a I can send a "no-reply: true" header that would probably
work.  Another option would be a specially formatted SUBSCRIBE request
with some kind of weirdness going on in the "destination:" header.

But the the purposes of my original question, I'm all set.  I used my
session ID as the destination and everything's working fine.  I just
need to figure out how I want my Connection and Frame object to interact
so they can be as close to a Smalltalk idiom as possible.

--
Visit <http://tggagne.blogspot.com/>,<http://gagne.homedns.org/> or
      <http://gagne.homedns.org/~tgagne/> for more great reading.