activemq-users mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Bad signature for release 4.1.0?
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 22:21:28 GMT
Hi -

I downloaded 4.1.0 (current) version:

apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator.zip
<http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1.0-incubator/apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator.zip>

and the signing keys from the repository under trunk/KEYS

and the signature incubator-activemq-4.1.0.zip.asc
<http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1.0-incubator/apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator.zip.asc>

I then imported the KEYS into the gpg keyring using
gpg --import KEYS
it said:

gpg: key F5BA7E4F: public key "Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com>"
imported

But when I then checked the download using the key and the signature, using:

c:\Apps\ActiveMQ>gpg apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator.zip.asc

it says:

gpg: Signature made 11/13/06 16:11:10 using DSA key ID F5BA7E4F
gpg: BAD signature from "Hiram Chirino <hiram@hiramchirino.com>"

I did the download procedure twice, with the same result.

Did I do something wrong, or has the file become corrupted?

-Marshall Schor