activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 4.1 Queue is full
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 05:48:03 GMT
The memory model is different for ActiveMQ 4.1 in that for Queues,
only small references to the Queue messages are held in memory. This
means that the Queue depth can be considerably bigger than for
ActiveMQ 3.2.x.
However, our next major release (5.0 nee 4.2) has a more robust model
in that Queue messages are paged in from storage only when space is
available - hence Queue depth is now limited by how much disk space
you have.

cheers,

Rob Davies
http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/