activemq-users mailing list archives

From JMSUserTP <toby_ba...@hotmail.com>
Subject Finding Destinations from JNDI
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:06:50 GMT
Hello,

I am a newbie to both JMS an ActiveMQ.  I am confused on how JNDI works with
finding topics available on the broker.  I am running Geronimo 2.0 w/ ActiveMQ.
 I created a topic called 'MyTopic'.

Now my question is, I am trying to subscribe to the topic.  I want to know how I
can get 'MyTopic' from JNDI?  I understand how to use the
'dynamicTopic\MyTopic', but what I want is to be able to do the following:

Topic t = (Topic)ctx.lookup("MyTopic");

Is there anyway to do this with out manually entering the topic into my local
jndi.  Can I do a lookup for available topics on Geronimo?

Thanks in advance!