activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FAILOVER with C# NMS Client
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:48:19 GMT
On 2/27/07, Gaurav Hariani <gaurav@blackspark.com> wrote:
> Is there a simple way to handle this at the client currently?

No, not yet.

> Maybe something like a listener on the Session/Connection that gets
> notified in case of a transport failure?

I'm adding that :)

Also required is a way to store the state of a connection (the
sessions, producers, consumers, transactions and so forth) so that
they can be re-established after a reconnect. I should have the code
contributed in the next week or so...

> Also is there any means of querying a broker for load information (e.g.
> how many clients are connected to a broker)
> to allow a client to connect to the least loaded broker?

You can monitor individual brokers via JMX
http://activemq.apache.org/jmx.html

and you could then explicitly close down connections on the brokers
which are too heavily loaded
--

James
-------