activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Spam: 5.0] cant see named connection in jconsole
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:16:04 GMT
On 2/26/07, Iakov <admin@jbpcapital.com> wrote:
> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > On 2/26/07, Iakov <admin@jbpcapital.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> hi,
> >>
> >> i am running a client which concurrently uses two connections both are
> >> named
> >> (thru createConnection method) both are working, but i only see one of
> >> them
> >> as named in JConsole. how come?
> >
> > Are you sure you are refreshing the tree in JConsole? Does restarting
> > JConsole help?
> >
> > --
> >
> > James
> > -------
> > http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/
> >

> yep, I have other clients that connect and disconnect and i can see the tree
> updating. I am using two different factories (the connecting threads are
> completely separate) and create ConnectionFactory via new in c++ api. should
> i keep one global factory ?

It shouldn't make much difference; a connection is a connection
however you make it.

So could you summarize the exact circumstances when a connection does
not show up in JMX? Also are you completely sure that the connection
you think should be in JMX is definitely still active? (ActiveMQ by
default will shut down inactive connections).

--

James
-------