activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Non-Persistent Topic not getting messages
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 06:09:19 GMT
On 2/21/07, GaryG <ggiventa@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I have not looked at the JMX stats.  For whatever reason, I haven't been able
> to connect remotely to the broker.
>
> Aside from that...Why would a broker kill clients due to inactivity?

Some OSes/platforms don't detect a socket death for hours or days; so
inactivity timeouts allow the broker to be more aggressive closing
dead connections faster.

> Can
> this be configured/turned off?

Of course :) ActiveMQ is completely configurable
http://activemq.apache.org/configuring-wire-formats.html

> In our case, the producers of messages to this topic are sending messages
> every minute, and I had 4 of them going, so there was plenty of activity.

Note that the ActiveMQ client should send keep-alive pings to keep
connections alive if a JMS connection isn't doing much

--

James
-------