activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recover a failed Broker's Journal (by Database of Another Broker)
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 05:54:42 GMT
On 2/22/07, spiderman2 <shawn.gandhi@bridgewatersystems.com> wrote:

> I'm looking into clustered HA deployments with zero message loss under one
> point-of-failure.
>
> My best options seem to be:
>   A) Network of Brokers with fast journaling and jdbc persistance

Networks of brokers are for store and forward, not for HA of messages.
i.e. a message only exists on one broker in a network at any point in
time - its never HA across brokers

>   B) JDBC Master Slave

Yes - the 3 master/slave alternatives are what you need
http://activemq.apache.org/masterslave.html

> BUT, what if broker dies before it writes its batch to the database, but
> after it completes its fast-journal?

It depends which of the 3 master/slave alternatives you are using -
but with JDBC Master/Slave you don't use the journal

--

James
-------