activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sending Async messages to temp queue really slow
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:26:24 GMT
On 2/20/07, Paul French <paul.french@frenchiesystems.com> wrote:

> I'm looking into it now.
>
> Can you confirm producer.send(tempQueue, jmsResponse) is async in my case. I
> wondering if the call becomes a sync call due to the method specifying a
> queue and whether some sync checks need to be done before the message is
> sent?

Typically sends are async if any of these are true

* async sending is explicitly enabled on the connection/connection factory
* you are using non-persistent messaging
* you are inside a transaction (the commit/rollbacks are sync).

The sync v async never changes based on the type of the destination
(or whether a destination is specified on a send versus using the
default etc)

--

James
-------