activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Do I have to use Spring Framework to configure virtaul topic
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 07:37:56 GMT
On 2/19/07, LiXiao2007 <> wrote:
>    I read the documentation regarding the virtual topic. I understand the
> consumers consume the messsages from the phisical queue tied to the virtual
> topic. But one thing I am still not clear is wheter the consumers subscrible
> the virutal topic or its phisical queues.

The consumers subscribe to the queue (which is named by default to be
similar named to the virtual topic as shown in the documentation).
i.e. it is a queue for the consumer side, so you get all the usual
queue benefits (load balancing, failover, concurrent consumption,
message groups etc)

View raw message