activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How Activemq handles a lot of undelivered messages to a durable subscribers
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:09:14 GMT
On 2/16/07, LiXiao2007 <LiXiao2007@gmail.com> wrote:

>     If I have several durable subscribers of a topic and one of them is down,
> I would like to know if a lot of undelivered messages to that durable
> subscriber will have big performance impact on the delivery of the messages
> to other active subscribers.

It will have some impact (if nothing else it means less cache hits
when dispatching messages so there may be additional swapping from
persistent store to RAM) - the actual impact depends on lots of
factors
http://activemq.apache.org/performance.html
So I'd recommend trying it out on your hardware to see.

--

James
-------