activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ and other JMS providers
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:38:32 GMT
On 2/15/07, donvito <dso72@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> sorry, i know that this is pretty basic stuff, but i don't get it:
> is it possble to send/receive messages with ActiveMQ as a stand-alone client
> to/from
> a different JMS provider, e.g. Sun's AppServer with its "Java System Message
> Queue"? Or to put it another way:
> Can an ActiveMQ JMS-client talk only to an ActiveMQ JMS-broker/provider?

Generally speaking yes. The JMS-client is typically developed for a
specific broker.

Though now that we have StompConnect...
http://stomp.codehaus.org/StompConnect

you can actually use any Stomp client to talk to any Messge Broker. So
once we've got Stomp support in the ActiveMQ client you will be able
to talk Stomp to any MOM provider.

Though for efficiency, I'd recommend using the JMS client of your
broker if it supports JMS

--

James
-------