activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: static transport issue
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:51:45 GMT
On 2/13/07, Sandeep Chayapathi <sandeep@wssource.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  Recently I was testing the Java interface to ActiveMQ. Im interested in the
> static transport mechanism, specifically, I have a master/slave setup and I
> want my code to connect to the master always and on failure, switch to using
> the slave server.

FWIW you can use failover for that. Just turn off the randomize option
if you like (though the client won't be able to connect to the slaves
anyway so it'll work regardless).
http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html

failover:(masterurl,slaveurl)?randomize=false

FWIW there is currently no static transport...
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/services/org/apache/activemq/transport/

there is only a static discovery mechanism
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/services/org/apache/activemq/transport/discoveryagent/

which is used for brokers to discover each other.

>  I followed this  http://activemq.apache.org/static-transport-reference.html
> doc , and using a URI as described, throws me the following error:-

Bad docs - I'll fix them. I think thats a part of ActiveMQ 3.x docs
that hung around.

--

James
-------