activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failover Functionality - Master/Slave
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 10:35:36 GMT
Note that with JDBC Master/Slave you don't network them together -
with JDBC Master/Slave there is no direct master-slave communication.
Nor should they be aware of each other, as the slave does not start
listening on any sockets until it becomes the master (for JDBC
master/slave).

Could you show your logs? Particular; when running the master, it
should be clear it gets the lock on the database, then the slave
clearly waits for the lock? Then when the master is killed it should
be clear that the slave takes over right?

Both brokers are definitely using the same database right? I'm
wondering if for some reason the exclusive locking isn't working