activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: High Availability and Network Of Brokers
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:00:57 GMT
On 2/8/07, spiderman2 <> wrote:
> But I'm concerned with respect to scalability. I'm assuming the Network of
> Brokers was created such that the deployment could scale to a large number
> of consumers.

A single broker can easily handle many thousands of consumers.

>  What kind of scalability issues/limits will I have with a
> Master/Slave scenario?

Master/Slave clusters can be networked together if you need them to.
The Master/Slave just defines the cluster which takes ownership of a
single message and ensures HA of those messages. You can network as
many Master/Slave clusters together as you need. (Though its usually
rare folks need more than one logical broker).

View raw message