activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stomp Disconnects
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:07:13 GMT
On 2/4/07, blueshed <pete@blueshed.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm using Stomp from python and have written my own implementation using
> twisted. Works a treat.

Great! BTW do you have any plans to open source your twisted python
stomp client? It'd be good to refer to it on the Stomp site so
pythonistas can reuse it.

>  When I call stop on the reactor I do not get to
> close the connections cleanly - I do not get to send 'DISCONNECT' and the
> connection is retained in the activemq broker in 4.1.0! I am using jconsole
> and can see the connection still in the Connection/Stomp MBean.
>
> When I use 4.0.1 it cleans up immediately.

Yeah - this is a bug thats been fixed in 4.2-SNAPSHOT and will be in
the next release. You should be able to download a recent 4.2-SNAPSHOT
distro (from January onwards) and have this issue fixed.

> As an aside - I would like to use your XMPP support to implement a problem
> reporting tool - components in error states can invide administators into a
> room and recieve corrective commands via Jabber! But I cannot build the XMPP
> lib cannot get at svn, etc.

Any reason why you can't get stuff from subversion? It uses HTTP so
should work with any firewall/proxy stuff?

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk activemq

should just work.

> Could you include the XMPP libs in the next
> binary distribution in the optional lib directory?

Done. I've patched the code so that the next nightly snapshot and
release will have it included

BTW you can grab it directly from the maven repo...
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/activemq-xmpp/4.1.0-incubator/

> Am a great fan of your
> work.

Thanks!