activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No effect on maximumRedeliveries setting
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 13:01:51 GMT
On 2/1/07, Christopher G. Stach II <cgs@ldsys.net> wrote:
> James Strachan wrote:
> > I'd certainly recommend never using the
> > org.apache.activemq.pool.PooledConnectionFactory for anything other
> > than sending messages with Spring's JmsTemplate as described here
> > http://activemq.apache.org/spring-support.html
> >
> > am not sure if thats causing the issue or not.
> >
> > If not it could be a Spring issue. e.g. try write some JMS code to try
> > consume & roll back a transaction a number of times to check things
> > are working properly with your particular spring.xml before moving on
> > to the spring JMS containers
>
> How about adding an example of a Spring configuration using JCA (Jencks,
> I guess) for inbound messages, the pooled connection factory for
> outbound, all JTA, and preferably using the inbound connection for the
> JCA inbound messages? :)

So just to make things 100% clear - the purpose of
PooledConnectionFactory is only for use outside of a J2EE container
and when not using JCA - for users who want to use Spring's
JmsTemplate (i.e. for sending messages only).

For an example of inbound and outbound messaging with JCA here you go....

inbound
http://jencks.org/Message+Driven+POJOs

outbound
http://jencks.org/Outbound+JMS

Note that neither examples use PooledConnectionFactory since JCA does
all the pooling for you for both inbound and outbound (as well as
registering with XA etc)

--

James
-------