activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion on how to get a unique id for a queue?
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:52:06 GMT
On 1/26/07, cafe <rmilian@estudiantes.uci.cu> wrote:

> no, I can't because the client request to the server inside a MessageListener
> and when the method onMessage end the execution the temporary queue is
> destroyed.

Not quite. A temporary destination is only destroyed when the
connection which created it is closed (or the client explicitly
destroys it).

So create however many temporary destinations you require on start up,
then create a consumer & MessageListener and use them as often as you
require. No need to create your own UUIDs and stuff

Also this FAQ entry might help...
http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html
--

James