activemq-users mailing list archives

From William Blackburn <wjblackb...@mac.com>
Subject Network broker fails to start due to JournalLockedException
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 21:46:58 GMT
I am using two embedded brokers on two nodes and using a network
connector to link them. I thought I had configured AMQ to NOT use the
journal, but now I can start one broker just fine, but when I start
the second, I get a JournalLockedException, which does not impact the
functioning of the local broker, but does fail the network connector
between the two. Please help me understand how to fix this, as there
doesn't to be any journal or lock files created anywhere that I can
find them. Thanks.

My config file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns="http://xbean.org/schemas/spring/1.0" xmlns:amq="http://
activemq.org/config/1.0">
     <amq:broker id="broker" brokerName="TiVenus_MQ" useJmx="true">
         <amq:persistenceAdapter>
             <amq:memoryPersistenceAdapter
usageManager="#usageManager" />
         </amq:persistenceAdapter>
         <amq:transportConnectors>
             <amq:transportConnector uri="tcp://192.168.2.38:61636"
discoveryUri="multicast://228.1.2.5:45571" />
         </amq:transportConnectors>
         <amq:networkConnectors>
             <amq:networkConnector uri="multicast://228.1.2.5:45571" />
         </amq:networkConnectors>
     </amq:broker>
     <bean id="usageManager"
class="org.apache.activemq.memory.UsageManager">
         <property name="limit" value="536870912" />
     </bean>
</beans>

And the stack trace is:

Multicast Discovery Agent Notifier 2007-02-01 13:27:37,511 ERROR
[BrokerService:start] Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker.
Reason: org.apache.activeio.journal.active.JournalLockedException:
Journal is already opened by this application.
org.apache.activeio.journal.active.JournalLockedException: Journal is
already opened by this application.
         at org.apache.activeio.journal.active.ControlFile.lock
(ControlFile.java:76)
         at
org.apache.activeio.journal.active.LogFileManager.initialize
(LogFileManager.java:120)
         at org.apache.activeio.journal.active.LogFileManager.<init>
(LogFileManager.java:101)
         at org.apache.activeio.journal.active.JournalImpl.<init>
(JournalImpl.java:100)
         at
org.apache.activemq.store.DefaultPersistenceAdapterFactory.createJournal
(DefaultPersistenceAdapterFactory.java:198)
         at
org.apache.activemq.store.DefaultPersistenceAdapterFactory.getJournal
(DefaultPersistenceAdapterFactory.java:134)
         at
org.apache.activemq.store.DefaultPersistenceAdapterFactory.createPersist
enceAdapter(DefaultPersistenceAdapterFactory.java:63)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createPersistenceAdapter
(BrokerService.java:968)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getPersistenceAdapter
(BrokerService.java:559)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createRegionBroker
(BrokerService.java:929)
         at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createBroker
(BrokerService.java:888)
         at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getBroker
(BrokerService.java:458)
         at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start
(BrokerService.java:361)
         at
org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransportFactory.doCompositeConnect
(VMTransportFactory.java:102)
         at
org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransportFactory.doConnect
(VMTransportFactory.java:48)
         at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFactory.connect
(TransportFactory.java:63)
         at
org.apache.activemq.network.NetworkConnector.createLocalTransport
(NetworkConnector.java:282)
         at
org.apache.activemq.network.DiscoveryNetworkConnector.onServiceAdd
(DiscoveryNetworkConnector.java:109)
         at
org.apache.activemq.transport.discovery.multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgen
t$2.run(MulticastDiscoveryAgent.java:341)
         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Multicast Discovery Agent Notifier 2007-02-01 13:27:37,516 WARN
[NetworkConnector:onServiceAdd] Could not connect to local URI: vm:?
network=true: Journal is already opened by this application.