activemq-users mailing list archives

From LiXiao2007 <LiXiao2...@gmail.com>
Subject How to set up Filters for Composite Queue
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:38:28 GMT

   I am using the latest Activemq 4.1 and would like to use a composite queue
to forward the messages to several physical queues. From the activemq
documentation, we can set up filters on physical queues in the configuraion
file so only needed messages will be delivered to them. But that capability
is only for Activemq 4.2 and after and I don't think  it has been released
yet. My question is how to set up the filtering in Java cod?  Should a
producer of the composite queue or a consumer of the physical queue set up
the filtering. To me, neither of them should set up the filtering since the
producer does not need to have knowlege of the physical queues and the
consumer does not need to have knowlege of the composite queue.
  Please help me for this. Thanks!