activemq-users mailing list archives

From drvillo <>
Subject Shared datasource for broker and data?
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:43:28 GMT

I know this might be quite general but I'd like to know someone else's

Given that I use commons dbcp to pool connections, I face two setups:

-activemq uses its own datasource to store transient messages, so I end up
having two pools
-activemq shares a datasource with the application logic

The first should be generally more resource consuming but how about
performance? I don't know which one should perform the best.
Actually it's difficult to produce a benchmark because the behavior depends
the access pattern, that is hard to reproduce...

Thanks for your feedback