activemq-users mailing list archives

From spiderman2 <>
Subject Master Slave: Shared File System - 2 Questions
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:58:05 GMT

I've read the doc  but the
diagram mentions a database. I thought we're only talking about writing to a
file system?? Just a typo?

I see that the configuration mentioned in the doc is pointing to a file
<journaledJDBC dataDirectory="/sharedFileSystem/broker"/>

but is called a "journaledJDBC." Does it also point to a default datasource
(db) or only a disk?

Question 2:
If 2 brokers are writing to one shared repository (be it db or file), then
there is still one point of failure. If the disk dies, I loose my high
  -The only scenario I can find is Pure Master Slave that does replication.
But it has no failback mechanism.

What are my activemq options for actual high availability with no