activemq-users mailing list archives

From suri009 <surya.nandi...@diagonal-consulting.com>
Subject Re: [Spam: 5.0] ActiveMq (JMS) API call Send hangs after certain number of sends.
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:05:10 GMT

Hi James,

Number of consumers as 5 -6 and they are connected to ActiveMq topic.

ActiveMq firing the messages (1-2 MB) every 2-15 sec initially when i start
sender and ActiveMq. But when the time goes send API takes almost 60 sec to
fire a message and then then it hangs after certain sends. We have increased
the network connection to 100Mbit full duplex but still we are seeing this
problem.

I am trying to look at possible reasons for this to happen:
1) Is there any possibility that slow consumers makes this situation to
happen? I am already using jms.useAsyncSend=true while connection. Are there
any parameters that i can set to prevent the send to hang and make it faster
as well if possible.

2) Does the message size (1-2MB) have any casue for send to take long time?

Thanks very much,
Surya

I'm not sure - what does the current system state look like in JMX?
(How many consumers, what their status is etc)