activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recommended C/C++ client
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:24:03 GMT
Hi Juan,
The c/c++ client with the most active development is activemq-cpp (
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-c-clients.html).  Version 1.1 has just
been released (although we haven't yet updated the links on the download
page) http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-cpp-11-release.html

For example usage of the client, go here:
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-cpp-overview.html

The 1.1 version only supports the stomp protocol, but we're actively working
on openwire support for 2.0 and already have some parts working.  The great
part about this client is that switching between stomp and openwire is
transparent to the API, so when we finally get the openwire support nailed
down, your client will not have to change to migrate to openwire.

Stomp is a simple text-based protocol that implements a subset of the
features of JMS.  ActiveMQ has its own extensions which help to add some of
the functionality that stomp is missing.  It should be known that the
limitations in the stomp protocol create some quirks in the stomp support
that you may want to be aware of, documented here:
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-cpp-stomp.html.

Apart from that, openwire is a high-performance protocol and is the native
protocol used by the ActiveMQ broker.  So once activemq-cpp solidifies the
openwire support, the performance should go up significantly.

Regards,
Nate